Once upon a time, a sage by the name of SpongeBob SquarePants famously said, “The best time to wear a striped sweater is all the time.” I feel the same way, but with sweaters of the oversized variety.
Why I love oversized sweaters:
1. They are to fall what the White Walkers are to winter: a sign of the changing seasons.
2. They are perfect for when you tend to put minimal effort into your outfits, but you want to look like you tried a little.
3. They are cuter than and just as warm and comfortable as a sweatshirt.
4. They look flattering on anyone.
5. They perfectly conceal the existence of boobs. Because everybody loves a good mystery.
I am especially fond of this sweater because 1) it’s a turtleneck; 2) it’s Nasty Gal; and 3) I love fringes. Also, if you aren’t a fan of pants like most people, you can wear it as a sweater dress with knee-high boots!
I paired the sweater with leather pants and white lace-up sneakers for a heightened street style look. Simple and casual with a hint of edge, and further proof that leather pants can be dressed down, too.
Photography: Kayla Cooke