Dear 2018 Sami,
This year has been quite a whirlwind, to say the least. While I could ruminate on that whirlwind from a macroscopic lens, this blog is about chronicling your journey and your progress. It’s about leaving the realities of the outside world behind for a hot second and escaping into your creative cave, a cave that continues to expand and unfold into new and exciting opportunities. Although you’ve achieved a great deal this year (from forging new friendships to exploring the splendor of being in love), I know that 2018 will guide you toward becoming an even better version of the person you were this year. As your friend, confidant and counsel, I am here to help you set your goals for the upcoming year. If I can’t hold you accountable, who else will?
- Read two books per month. Start giving yourself over to words and stories in lieu of incessantly binge-watching Netflix. This is not to say you should neglect said binge-watching, but rather, limit the time spent doing so.
- Don’t check your phone as soon as you wake up in the morning. Instead, take five minutes to breathe deeply and mentally prepare yourself for the day ahead.
- Make more plans with friends. It’s easier said than done when everyone is on opposite schedules, but you know how elated you get when you catch up with a pal you haven’t seen in awhile, even if just for an hour or two.
- Be more adventurous. Combat the urge to stay in bed on the weekends (particularly in winter) and treat yourself to some fun, spontaneous or not. Your bed isn’t going anywhere. Remember, you only get two days off per week. Use them wisely.
- Travel, travel, travel!! Yes, you aren’t exactly rolling in the dough right now, but mini getaways are just as good for the soul as a trip to Europe when you’re on a budget.
- Start meal planning consistently. It’ll help you eat healthier and smarter. Plus, it’ll save you hella $$$.
- Keep transforming the blog and Instagram into platforms YOU continue to remain proud of. You and Jacob put in the time and effort into producing quality content. Don’t lose sight of that!
- Continue to volunteer twice a month. You’ve already started, but keep it up. There will always be a person in need, and the smallest act of kindness can brighten someone’s spirits.
I’m sure this list will continue to build as 2018 rolls out, but let this be your foundation for having a successful and joy-filled year. I believe in you, and can’t wait to see who you mold into next.
Catch you on the flip side,
Leave a Reply